Beyond Arkaedea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Arkaedea

Of the Ti'rhyn and more...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns

Go down 
+6
Starwind
Pristine
FeliciaQueens
geob
CosmicDragon
The Creatrix
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Faemien
Staff
Staff
Faemien

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Keeper Profile
Keeper Name: Fae
Race: Falipae

[ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-22, 04:40

Aria stopped focusing on the little trees that just bent under her and Vikyl's weight. For a moment she almost panicked, turning to her go'rhyn companion. She was frightened, but not ready to give up.

She had been taught to call out if she were in trouble, and call out she did. Somewhere deep inside her something snapped into place, just settling into a spot she hadn't even known was there. She reached out with her voice, calling for help from any of the singers around her. She called out in a trill that fell down the scale, resonating a deep croak, and then climbing again into an alarmed chirp. And then she tried one last thing, she sang out in the direction of the horrible clacking noise - You stay away! Stay away from me and my friend! Don't you dare come near me, or I'll get the birdies to eat you up!! My sister will beat you, my brother will pounce on you, and my big sister will make you want to hide in the ground! Go away! Her tiny figure bristled as she stood her ground and hoped desperately that the ugly buggies would be frightened and leave her and Vikyl alone.

Shadrach barely had time to worry as he saw Lucasta start to fall straight at him. He pushed forward, hoping that the air around him might give him just a little help getting up on the rock. As his paws landed, without needing to scramble for purchase, he turned and made sure that his le'rhyn friend was safe. He snuffled at her, putting a paw out to one of her's. You're okay, right? We're safe now. He sent, his mind voice excited. He rarely was the strong one with two sisters that tended to do the defending. He puffed his chest out a little bit, and smiled assuringly at Lucasta.

Fiachra saw Lew'Siffer slip, she planted her central and hind legs on the rock and reached at him with both front paws to help him up. She was treating him like she would like any of her coterie-kin and didn't think twice about what she was doing. She ignored the glance he gave and rolled her eyes a bit. Silly buckling, she couldn't let him get eaten by the bugs. She moved over to make sure he had enough room.

She stopped paying attention to him and the rock as soon as she heard Aria sing out. She stopped for a moment, surprised to hear the range of sound coming out of her sister! She turned to face the sound of the oncoming bugs and added her own voice to her sister's, especially when Aria told them her sister would beat them! You betcha I'll beat you up! I'll beat up your brothers, and sisters, and cousins, and my buddy here will help me! We'll make you wish you never came this way, you icky, creepy buggies. You better listen to my sister and go back home! Somewhere in her mind she pictured herself as she normally did her mother, and she reared up on her hind legs and growled her most threatening growl! Go home!

Deja watched from a little ways away knowing she couldn't interfere. She watched her siblings and was proud of each of them. Aria was right, she would make them want to hide. It seemed as though her family was a formidable group and it made her grin devilishly.

((Hope I didn't go too far, Aria had a lot to say - and Fiachra can't help but try to keep up.))
Back to top Go down
FeliciaQueens

FeliciaQueens

Number of posts : 379

Keeper Profile
Keeper Name: Felicia

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-22, 10:40

Her sides heaving as she was pushed to safety, Lucasta could only nod in response at first. Then it occurred to her: Shadrach, you got me away from them! She trilled happily for a moment. Oh, I forgot to tell you-I'm Lucasta, but they mostly call me Casta. Thanks so much for giving me a shoulder up! She beamed at her partner, then turned to observe the creepers. Though some remained in danger from the creepers, many had found safety or shelter. Wisteria's rallying call urged those still under threat to call out, to sing, to push themselves in new ways....

Almost immediately Aria began to sing. For a moment, Vikyl was stunned, then enthralled by the beauty of her singing voice. She began to trill along, doubtless not in a useful way, to her partner's song and sendings. Vikyl felt at a loss, not knowing her crystal song, not understanding how to tap into her unique gift; she couldn't help but think, ~If I were ka'ryhn I could scare them with an image of a bird!~ No doubt her parents would, if faced with such creatures. Feeling foolish for it even as she did, Vikyl nevertheless made an attempt to do just that.

Instead, her mind began to pick out the beauty-beauty?-of the metallic winged insects. Indeed, they shimmered in rainbow hues, even as they crawled inexorably toward the frightened hatchlings. A sudden softness filled Vikyl's little heart, and she sighed in exactly the same gentle way she did when admiring a new-sprung flower, or a passing butterfly. This soft feeling was love, though why here and now, she could never have answered. It was a wonder, and she wondered if they would feel her admiration for them, and perhaps respond to it.
Back to top Go down
http://felunaria.webs.com/
CosmicDragon
Staff
Staff
CosmicDragon

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Keeper Profile
Keeper Name: Leonite
Race: Offworlder

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-23, 02:11

Though he clung desperately to the bucking boulder, Darakesh couldn't avoid being flung off alongside and all-but on top of his partner. Panic began to set in, worse than before, and the young buck flailed almost violently in his effort to untangle himself from the larger Jy'rhyn (Arjuna). All the while, the buckling could not help but stare at the fast-approaching wave of clacking insects. The elder sent a warning, but fear held the buck so tightly in it's grip that he had not the sense to understand it. Nonetheless, he obeyed… Almost without thinking, the ka'rhyn pushed his panic and fear at the creepers, sending it along like a bullet of emotion along with a single thought.
'Go away, go away, go away!'

In shock at having their potential hiding place dump them so unceremoniously on the ground, Rani wasn't as quick to respond to the elder's warning as her partner was. And so she was quite surprised when, looking around, she realised the other doe was no longer there. For a moment, she was worried… Then Zari sent a faint but querying thought her way, and the young diamond doe sighed in relief. 'No, I'm not. Where are you?' There was true curiosity in her mindvoice, but she didn't have time to dwell on the question.

Find my gifts… Rani scowled, trying to find something within her that would signify just what those gifts were. Suddenly, almost without warning, she could smell everything in such clarity that it almost hurt, the creepers a bitter-scented mass barreling toward her through a haze of familiar earthen smells. The wind brought her every iota of scent, and she could feel the air currents that brought them, like a web around her. She reached out a paw, then brought it swiftly down again, and around her the air whipped into a frenzy, creating a small cloud of dead leaves and dust. Part of her hoped this would hide her, while a much larger part was too busy being fascinated by this new talent to even notice she was still under threat.
Back to top Go down
Draycontis

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Keeper Profile
Keeper Name: Amulette
Race: Leafdancer

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-23, 03:00

Zari Heard a faint reply from Rani inquiring where she was... She hoped her partner was safe but she was unsure how to get Rani in here with her. She sent back, "I'm underground... I think I'm safe... Well, I hope so at least... Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
geob
Staff
Staff
geob

Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Keeper Profile
Keeper Name: Gail

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-23, 05:05

Well, the rock might not be any more stable, but it was the only option they had that was close enough. Still singing his song, Arjuna turned and pushed on Darakesh, trying with all his strength to at least get the ka'rhyn up to safety. Now that they knew the stone would rock, perhaps they would be able to keep on top of it. Surely it was only the surprise that allowed the thing to throw them.

Come on, Darakesh, let's try this rock again. Its the only thing close enough, and now we know it wiggles we'll be ready for it.

Arjuna sure hoped Darakesh hurried, the clacking bugs were getting closer. And louder. And Arjuna would not put himself up there until Darakesh was safe.
Back to top Go down
The Creatrix
Admin
The Creatrix

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Keeper Profile
Keeper Name: Dama'rapt Fahnnan

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-23, 14:21

((Just so I am clear on this Dray, did your Emerald, Fia, create the earthen cocoon for her coterie sibling? Or have we gotten our gemkin confuzzled?
If it's the first, then you need to edit in something of Zari's ametrine abilities. if it's the latter, well, same thing really. Goof! if you have any questions I'll be in the portal a bit later or feel free to PM me on PI. I'mma PM you myself anyway to be sure you see this asap. heart!

As for everyone else : I am composing Beetle responses! I will just wait to see where Draycontis goes with her Zari and then I will post the responses. smile!))
Back to top Go down
http://starborne.darkwinter.net/Arkaedea/
Draycontis

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-23, 21:24

The Creatrix wrote:
((Just so I am clear on this Dray, did your Emerald, Fia, create the earthen cocoon for her coterie sibling? Or have we gotten our gemkin confuzzled?
If it's the first, then you need to edit in something of Zari's ametrine abilities. if it's the latter, well, same thing really. Goof! if you have any questions I'll be in the portal a bit later or feel free to PM me on PI. I'mma PM you myself anyway to be sure you see this asap. heart!

As for everyone else : I am composing Beetle responses! I will just wait to see where Draycontis goes with her Zari and then I will post the responses. smile!))

((Oops! Yup, I gotted my gem'kin's confuzzled... But I will fix it now! LOL. Goof!

Edit: I fixed it. I hope it's alright the way it is now... I was unsure of the way to explain Zari's talents, but I tried my best.))
Back to top Go down
The Creatrix
Admin
The Creatrix

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-23, 22:40

The clacking creepers were upon them!

• Where Arjuna stood the beetles split and began to stream around the singing loricus buckling and his partner, like water around a stone...
  • The ones that met with the sending of Darakesh however, fell, stunned, silent upon the ground as their brethren scrabbled on over them.

• With Aria's trills and sending the creepers began to rear up, waggling their little legs in alarm at the crescendo of sound and sending. At first they were frantic and sporadic, some dashing forward, some dashing back...
  • Then as Vikyl began to send out her emanation of appreciation for their beauty a backlog built, a little rising wall of soothed wiggling clattering beetles that then fell back on it's self and began to clamber away.

• Around Rani the beetles were brushed and tumbled aside with the wind; bouncing across the ground to right themselves and continue on past...
  • To where Zari lay buried. They swarmed there, in spirals, feeling the heat. Confused by the firmness of the earth cocoon enclosing the ametrine, eventually they moved along.

Please feel free to respond as you like to this
(The Beetles are currently all around, like a blanket moving through the forest floor, broken only where stones, trees and the fierce little hatchlings are!)
I am working on the 'winner' of this event and the continuation of the roleplay.
Goof!
Back to top Go down
Draycontis

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-23, 23:16

Fia heard the clatter of the beetles and the singing of the hatchlings and could bear it no longer! She lifted her head and saw what would look like a battlefield to some; Rearing beetles, fierce hatchlings, and on top of a mound not far away, that had not been there a moment before, a large cluster of the icky things feeling around trying to find their way into it... But nowhere could she see her coterie sister. Her heart fell and a single tear trailed it's way down her fur as she put her head back down.

Zari could hear the beetles atop her now... a part of her had been reclaimed from the feeling of balance and that tiny part was scared. Otherwise, she knew that things would turnout the way they were supposed to. The circle of life would maintain it's balance however it must. This did not prevent her from rejoicing when she heard the beetles move away from her hiding place. She really must find out how she came to be in this place.
Back to top Go down
CosmicDragon
Staff
Staff
CosmicDragon

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-24, 12:45

Underground? 'I'm… Fine.' Wondering if she sounded as amazed and disbelieving as she felt, Rani watched the large insects get swept aside by the small but fierce windstorm lashing around her. The little doe felt almost sorry for the tiny creatures, but as soon as her concentration began to waver the winds began to calm and so she focused her energy instead on keeping the gale going rather than pitying the creatures trying to eat her. It was hard, but the diamond hatchling's thoughts kept turning involuntarily to her partner and then, belatedly, to her brother. 'Kaled!' Her mental shout was almost as cross as it was worried, and in her state of distraction not aimed at only her sibling. 'You had better be okay, mister, or I swear…'

Curled around his own companion, Kaled found himself watching Fia more than the battle itself, though perhaps having his hindquarters to the entrance played a small part in that. At first he was glad when she curled in close to him, burying her lop-eared head in his side, but it wasn't long before common sense poked a hole in his growing pride. She lifted her eyes only once, not to him but to the chaos outside, and when she lowered it again he could feel the warm damp of tears against his fur. The second his sister made contact, he let out a breath he hadn't realised he was holding.

'Yes yes, I'm fine and obviously so are you. We're out of reach… But where's your partner?' It had dawned on him that perhaps he wasn't the only one with family in the fray below, and he curled tighter around the smaller doe while awaiting the answer, desperately trying to think of a way to help his companion. Her response wasn't long in coming, and from her tone he was likely not the only one receiving it… He'd have to remember to ask her why later on. 'Zari is fine. She somehow covered herself in this weird cocoon of earth, but she's okay.' She sounded almost as disbelieving as he was, but the buck didn't dwell on it long. At the moment, he needed to focus on Fia.

------

Surprise wasn't a strong enough word for what Darakesh felt as the clacking creepers that had been streaming directly towards him, the ones he had thrown the compacted bundle of fear and panic towards, keeled over and lay still. He stared, so shocked that for a scant moment he wasn't afraid. Then Arjuna was urging him up onto the rock again and common sense rushed back, burning his limbs with terror-induced adrenaline. Surging forward, he obeyed his partner without question and scrambled upward and onto the rock, all the while throwing his fear outward again and again in an attempt to replicate his first desperate strike.
Back to top Go down
The Creatrix
Admin
The Creatrix

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-25, 00:44

((The rock Darakesh and Arjuna are climbing back up onto is mroe stable now that it has flipped, but will still be very wobbly))
Back to top Go down
Lectral

Lectral

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Keeper Profile
Keeper Name: Lectral

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-25, 04:57

Navlon was very pleased that he and his group managed to get themselves up onto the limb he pointed out, even if they had all had to pull Lhast up once he'd helped them up first. He sent a quick word to his coterie sibs, to make sure they had also made it safely out of the insects' reach, then watched, impressed, as the few who didn't get out of the way in time repulsed the swarming horde. There are so many! He remarked to his new friends (Lhast, Anres, Lava and Kusha), as he stared at the moving carpet. Have you ever seen so many bugs in one place?

After Oren helped Sheakohl get a firmer grip on the tree, he found a sturdy limb to rest on, allowing the other buckling to settle himself. The lu'rhyn had sensed Sheakohl's unease after his attempt at reassurance, though he couldn't figure out why the other hatchling had shied away. This tree is perfect; out of reach of the bugs, and we can still see what's going on! He watched the other hatchlings face the Clacking Creepers, and was very glad to see the insects part around them.

Kevrit was pleased with his choice in safe spots, especially when he saw another pair of hatchlings attempt to climb another boulder, only to have it rock and spill them back on the ground! He sat close to Rowara, staying well clear of the edge, as the insects swarmed and covered nearly every bit of ground in the area. Sniffing carefully, he pondered the shimmering, clacking blanket surrounding them. Do you think they taste icky? He asked his partner randomly.

((Yes... Kevrit is a wee bit odd... Ti'rhyn are omnivorous, right? I thought they were, but now I am not finding the info on the site >.>))
Back to top Go down
The Creatrix
Admin
The Creatrix

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-25, 15:47

((I should add that info! Yes they are omnivores. Each individual has different tastes. Some might prefer plant greens, some nuts & seeds, some fungus, some insects, heck, even small rodents and birds are not outside of the scope of their appetites. Though that type of diet is probably mostly only followed by the Ka'rhyn and Ne'rhy, perhaps the Ke'rhyn.))
Back to top Go down
Draycontis

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-25, 18:56

Through her haze of grief Fia heard an unfamiliar mind-voice (Rani) say that Zari was fine and, miraculously, somehow underground. If she had stopped to ponder this for a second, she might realize she had found her gift, but instead, being the shy doeling that she was, she was more worried about the stranger who was sending to more than just her, from the sound of it. "Who is this hatchling?" She thought to herself. "Obviously she is Zari's partner, but that fails to answer the question of WHO she is..." Then it dawned on her, the hatchling had addressed Kaled by name! "Is that one of your coterie siblings?" She asked him. Now her joy that her coterie sister was okay shone from her eyes like a beacon. She could hardly contain herself. She still didn't think of how her sister may have ended up underground... She was simply glad that she had!
Back to top Go down
The Creatrix
Admin
The Creatrix

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-26, 00:44

As the hatchlings all dealt with the beetles in their own way, the scurrying blanket hurried through the forest floor and past them, on to devour and clear the way for the new shoots that were beginning to press upward toward the promised light of spring.

Once the beetles had passed Wisteria hopped down from her chosen ventage point. The hatchlings had all done well and she made certain to tell them so, encouraging them now to move quickly on toward the Caverns... It is not much further! We will be there by the time the first of the Sisters has risen. There was a warm smile to her sending that called them all out from their hiding places and bid them to hurry after her bounding feet as she led them on their way...

((Felicia! : As Vikyl prepares to follow along with all the others, she will find a stone that sings to her, filling her with the same feelings she felt in the face of the massive wave of clacking creepers! Please feel free to write the begiining of her evolution, I will complete it with her grown form. Wink ))
Back to top Go down
FeliciaQueens

FeliciaQueens

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-26, 10:02

((Oooh really? Exciting! Very Happy heart! ))

Relief washed over Vikyl as the beetles flowed around all of them like so much water over stones in a stream. That was amazing, Aria! I never would have thought such a pretty song could stop those creepers. Her expression was one of sheer delight as she gazed at the little pu'rhyn. She was equally amazed at her own sudden insight, which had calmed the beetles, perhaps causing her to seem a friend, and thus leave her be, as well. At that moment, Wisteria appeared, clearly proud of them as she praised their successful deterrent of the creepers.

Eager to be on her way now they were out of danger, the little go'rhyn relaxed, and moved to follow the others heading toward the caverns. She glanced down, her eyes drawn to something: a small stone that sparkled with myriad colors. A sound stopped her, if such it could be called; a high, pure note of...well, it called to mind the song her partner had so recently sung. Slowly she became aware of other notes, some a bit lower, others higher, all blending together into a rich harmony. She was filled again with the sense of love, of appreciation of its beauty. She realized suddenly this was the crystal song she'd been waiting to hear!

She could already feel herself changing; it began around her small horns, in the glowing ring which set her apart from most others. That glow began to surround the whole of her, and the feeling inside grew bigger and bigger, until she thought she would burst, too big for her skin....

The retreat of the creepers was met with joy from Casta. Beside Shdarach, she sent at them, And don't come back! Her eyes had flicked from one hatchling to another, curios how each would deal with them. She'd seen some rather impressive displays of natural gifts, though Aria's-Vikyl's partner-had held her attention best. As she was climbing down from their perch on the rock, she noticed her coterie mate had stopped, almost in mid-step. She saw her glance down at something, and then, begin to glow.
Back to top Go down
The Creatrix
Admin
The Creatrix

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-26, 16:21

The warm magenta glowing of Vikylana scattered off the surrounding forest plants and the near by hatchlings until it was brighter than bright and then in a moment it was gone; revealing in the little doeling's place a larger, winged go'rhyn kid!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Faemien
Staff
Staff
Faemien

Number of posts : 418

Keeper Profile
Keeper Name: Fae

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-27, 05:00

Aria let out an excited chirp as the tide of bugs turned. She gave Vikyl a shy smile, surprised and please by the go'rhyn's compliment. You helped! I couldn't have done it without you. She said, following after her new friend.

At first she was a bit surprised as Vikyl started to glow, but she realized as the glow expanded that maybe this was the same thing that happened in the clearing. She stopped and watched as the lovely black doeling turned into a kid. Her eyes grew round as she stared and she trilled another happy sound, congratulating her new friend on her new wings.

Shadrach was beside Lucasta when the le'rhyn doe stopped. He peaked beyond her to watch Vikyl glow and change and sent quickly to Lucasta, She is your sibling? You must be very happy for her! He paused for a second, looking at the go'rhyn doe. It will be our turn soon. Just a little further to the caves!

Fiachra watched the newest kid begin to glow and then change. She felt a touch envious of the beautiful black wings that adorned Vikyl's back, but she knew in time she'd have a pair of her own. With renewed resolve, she hopped off the rock that she and Lew'Siffer had been perched on. C'mon, we have crystals to find! Can't stop now, she sent excitedly at him.
Back to top Go down
FeliciaQueens

FeliciaQueens

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-27, 06:01

((Her eyes are stunning! shocked! So unexpected.))

Her transformation complete, Vikyl hopped an excited circle around Aria. Oh, my! It's, it's amazing! Oh just wait till you get yours. I bet Mum and Da will teach me to fly now! As she carried on in her excitement, it slowly dawned on her that she could no longer enter the cavern ahead. Oh...but Aria, now I can't go with you to the caves. I won't fit anymore! She felt a little sad about this. I can go to the entrance, but I won't be able to get in now. I'll wait for you outside, she decided at last.

A happy little trill sounded in Casta's throat at the sight of her friend's new wings. Well, she's not really my sib, but we were born the same season. She looks just amazing with those wings. Oh and her partner is a pu'rhyn, so she'll get them, too. I hope we find our stones inside the caverns. She and her sister would never stop teasing me if I don't! She chirped in amusement at the idea. Most of the others had not paused; only those nearby took a longer note of the evolution, and of course Casta had stopped to watch. With a nod to Shardrach, she started moving forward again herself.
Back to top Go down
Draycontis

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-27, 21:08

Hearing Wisteria's mind-voice, quite clearly to her dismay, Zari began digging out of her capsule. She was able to poke her head out just in time to see the glow on the pu'rhyn (Vikyl) fade to reveal her kid form. She caught her breath and rushed to her partner's side. "Rani! Did you see that?! I'm so glad you're okay! Let's hurry to the cave to find our stones!!!" She sent in a stream of excited joy-ridden jumble.

Fia waited for Kaled to inch out of the hole before attempting to move. She didn't want to accidentally push her savior out of the tree.
Back to top Go down
The Creatrix
Admin
The Creatrix

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-28, 01:00

((We will be arriving at the Caverns in the morning!))
Back to top Go down
CosmicDragon
Staff
Staff
CosmicDragon

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-28, 15:18

Looking down at his somewhat wedged in companion (Kia), Kaled was quick to smile and nod in response to her curious question. "Yes, she's my clutch-sister." The atmosphere seemed to have relaxed considerably, and as soon as the elder 'rhyn gave the okay for the group to continue moving the buck began to shift. Getting out, it seemed, was a little trickier than getting in, and rather than climbing down the young jy'rhyn found himself falling rather ungracefully onto his hindquarters amongst the rubble created by the clacking creepers. It didn't hurt much at all, and the hatchling quickly shook it off in order to try and help the smaller doe down. He wasn't sure how yet, but at least he'd be there if she needed him.

Rani, on the other hand, was having no such trouble. Having survived the trauma without having to cram herself into or onto anything, the doe was feeling rather confident in herself, not to mention the shivery excitement that went through her at the very thought of her tiny whirlwind. Turning around, she was quick to notice a somewhat familiar glow emitting from one of the other does, a go'rhyn, and watched in awe as another of their group completed the transformation from hatchling to kid. Grinning, she hoped that soon it would be her turn and spun to face her newly-freed partner (Zari). "Oh, you're okay!" Beneath the relief there was a spark of amused in her voice. "Yeah, I saw! Ooooh, I hope that'll be us soon, don't you? We better hurry and get to the front!"

---

Unmoving, Darakesh kept his head buried beneath his paws. He didn't want to move. If he shifted even an inch, the rock would throw him off again, and what if there were still creepers lurking about? Nu-uh, no way. He wasn't going anywhere! Well, until his seemingly made-up mind was uninterrupted by the most unwelcome of realisations... If he stayed, he would be stuck on this rock alone. Surely his partner wouldn't stick around if the group left... And the danger was definitely greater if the fierce little insects were to attack an unaided hatchling. With a stressed little whimper, he looked up at his partner (Arjuna), waiting for the other buck to move first.
Back to top Go down
geob
Staff
Staff
geob

Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Keeper Profile
Keeper Name: Gail

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-28, 17:57

Krešimir couldn't help thinking as he watched the creepers parade by below them that they were really neat looking bugs. Not that he wanted to hop down and meet any up close. Once the ground was clear, he jumped down, causing the branch to swing and sway. Soon he was absorbed in sniffing around and checking out the aftermath. Suddenly he realized there was a glow that hadn't been there before. Casting a quick look around his eyes came to rest on the quickly fading glow surrounding a bewinged kid. Except for the wings she looked an awful lot like… It was!

Hey, Eman, did you see that? he sent to his partner. He glanced over his shoulder expecting to see the le'rhyn right there. Eman? He turned in a circle searching for his partner...

A bemused look sat upon Lew'Siffer's face as he watched the doeling (Fiachra) charge off. He wasn't used to others, especially doelings, leading the way into adventure. Finally, shaking himself, he looked around, glad the creepers were gone, then leaped down and he followed after her.

Once the creepers disappeared, Arjuna raised himself from his half-crouch his over cringing partner and looked around. Looked pretty good to him. It looks clear, Darakesh, I think we can go, he sent before carefully jumping down. The rock wobbled a bit, but not much. Once on the ground he looked back up. Are you coming? he asked.
Back to top Go down
CosmicDragon
Staff
Staff
CosmicDragon

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-28, 18:15

'I- I'm coming Arjuna.' Surprisingly eager to stick close to the other buck, Darakesh was quick to scramble down after his partner, though his hasty exit rocked the boulder considerably more than the agile jump of the Jy'rhyn. Stepping carefully, as though a creeper could leap out from beneath any innocent-looking dirt clod, the buck attempted to breath slowly. In, then out, taking deep lungfuls of air in an attempt to purge the latent fear-induced adrenaline from his system. He was fine... Mostly. Unconsciously he sidled closer to his somewhat larger companion, ears laid back as though he expected another attack at any moment.
Back to top Go down
The Creatrix
Admin
The Creatrix

Keeper Profile

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty2011-02-28, 19:00

The Creatrix wrote:
((We will be arriving at the Caverns in the morning!))
((Ok maybe tomorrow morning, I feel like crap. :P ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns   [ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

[ORP : Evolution Event] Songs of the Crystal Caverns
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next